This blog originated simply because I wanted to see what the whole blogging thing was about. There was not a defining purpose, goal, or mission for what my efforts were to achieve. A college graduation, two cameras, multiple jobs, and two relocations later, a meaning seemed to manifest itself. My entries are normally brief. Only occasionally do they feature much writing. I found myself in beautiful locations doing things I am passionate about and I decided to share. Share photos, blurbs and ramblings. The reward has been the outlet to share my experiences with others, and maybe inspire someone else to go have some adventures.
Recently I was nominated for an award by a peer somewhere out there in the blogosphere. Her name is Rachel and it hit me out of the blue after I was Freshly Pressed. (You can see the nomination and her great blog here.) The premise and background to the award are as follows. I am going to edit out some of the chain-letter-esque requirements of it.
“The rules are that the winners have to pay forward to other people whose sites are worth the recognition. If they accept the award, they should: thank the person who nominated them; nominate five other favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and copy/paste the [blog award] Icon into their post.”
Normally, I would not participate in this sort of post but Rachel was so kind as to nominate me, and praise from peers is very flattering. She took time out of her busy schedule to recognize 4 others besides myself and I am sure that they also really appreciated the gesture as well. Thank you, Rachel. I am not going to post the icon or name of the award in this post because that seems like shameless self promotion on the part of whoever started this chain.
Here are my 5 nominations for what I guess I’ll name The Inspirational Blog Award. Creative, I know. If they accept feel free to dub it whatever you wish.
1) Stoltz Project – This blog’s author was recently Freshly Pressed and is interested in many of the same passions as me. Fly Fishing, Skiing, Photography, Shoots with a Canon… Check him out. Lots of quality inspiration here.
2) Kim Kircher: Strength From the Top of the Mountain – Kim’s blog relates to another passion of my life. Mountains. Her posts are always very eloquent and are a quality representation of a life that the mountains can offer. She is a ski patroller as well.
3) The Morning Fresh – I chose to feature this blog because the author is a young lady who knows how to live life. The Morning Fresh is relative to, you guessed it, more things that I live for. Travel. Climbing. Food. A visit to her blog will not disappoint. Keep it up Katie!
4) Mikibong – This author has a natural eye. She frames her photographs exceptionally well. Browsing through her recent post of Yosemite National Park, every photo possessed a refreshing new perspective. The framing is never the same. Check it out. You will not be disappointed that you did.
5) The Hung Monkeys – Aside from having the most amusing title of the bunch, this is a hard core climbing blog. They have compiled an abundance of great climbing films and posted some quality photos of their own climbing adventures.
Well, thats all that I have for my Inspirational Blog Awards. I hope that the featured bloggers and my readers enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it.